Volunteer in Peru, In this community most families rely on public day care facilities to watch their children. These essential services are provided in the fringe communities where children live in abject poverty. The centers typically have about 30 children ages 8 months to 3 years old. Our volunteers work alongside a “Mom” and be an extra set of hands in the daily chores. The staff educate the kids, play with them and provide them nutritious food, all for free. Since most of the children come from poor families, the food they receive in the day care center is vital.
Volunteers will contribute to the education, child care, health and nutrition support provided by the centers. Tasks will focus on feeding, changing diapers, pre-school educational games and recreational learning support.
Volunteers with basic Spanish are welcome. Language Immersion lessons are available.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any day to arrive (not: Dec 24-26 or Jan 1st)
- Requirements: Basic Spanish
- Program donation: US$50 payable with the program fees.
- Arrival airport: Ayacucho (AYA) via Lima connection
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lima to Ayacucho: Lan Peru, Start Perú, LC Perú
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Ayacucho
- Airport meet and greet in Ayacucho. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 25 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing and afternoons free to explore the city
- Typical shift work hours are 8am - 13pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Tours to Cusco, to the Nazca Lines, to the Apurimac Valley (Coca Valley or Upper Amazon Forest) to the Wari Ruins and the Quinua Village