Join this program and labour along aside community organizers aiming to improve the lives and living conditions of people within their own community. As a volunteer you can fill the colours of happiness, contentment and dreams in to someone`s life on our construction, renovation and beautification project in Jaipur. Most of the focus is to renovate, beautify and the maintenance of community buildings like schools, hospitals, public gardens and community halls. In a survey conducted by our ABV India staff it was found school attendance was almost 70% higher in children’s schools which include colourful walls, painted murals and other visual improvement (including wash rooms). So we push on!
In this project you will be working with the ABV team. Focus work will be on small structures like toilets, desks and tables in the schools, paint walls, murals and also play ground etc. Those willing to offer hands on physical support work, those with and without professional trade skills are welcome.
*Imp: The transportation in not included to the program. The transportation cost is around US$2 - 4 a day by Tuk-tuk (motorcycle ride) can be divided between 2 - 3 volunteers (8km to 12 km ride).
Volunteer Opportunities: Building programs
- Project length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Jaipur International Airport (JAI)
- Accommodation: Local host family/Shared volunteer House
- Meals: 3 per day (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Airlines: Jet airways, Spice jet, Etihad, Indigo, Go Air, Air India etc.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Jaipur City
- Airport meet and greet in Jaipur City.
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 25-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing, camel safari, elephant safari, Taj Mahal etc.
- Typical shift work can be: 9:30am - 2:30pm or 1:30pm to 5:30pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Pick-up from Jaipur Airport
- Traditional Indian welcome on reaching the ABV house or host family
- A detailed orientation about India, ABV projects, facts about India, cultural responsibility and things to remember in India
- Accommodation with local host family or in shared volunteer house. Expect shared rooms (double/triple accommodations)
- All meals (Authentic Indian meals) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Project visit with supervisor
- Resource materials to use on project, your donations are welcome
- Weekly market visit to shop for your necessitiesOne party & dinner out to experience the new India
- Sessions on India about the India in reality v/s India in news
- Airport drop at Jaipur airport
- Emergency support
- Air fare, Visa, Insurance, Local transportation, Vaccinations, local sightseeing and all personal expenses. Cultural classes like Hindi class, Indian dress workshop, Yoga class, cooking class only for the volunteers who stays in ABV house (extra fees)
|Asia / US$|
|India Jaipur (Construction)||1000||1100||1200||1300||1400||1510||1640|
|Asia / US$|
|India Jaipur (General Programs)||860||990||1120||1250||1380||1510||1640|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.