The centre is located at around 80 km from Cordoba in the province of Cordoba. It is situated in Tiu Mayú (from the Quechua words "Tiu" - sand; "Mayú" - river). It occupies 360 hectares in mountains, rivers, waterfalls and forests at 1,350 meters above sea level. The region is very remote – 11 km away from the closest village of La Cumbre.
The work of the centre takes place all year round, every day of the week. Caring for primates is from 9am to 6-8pm, more or less.
Time off can be arranged depending on the number of volunteers with the volunteer coordinator in advance. Days off and half days off can be taken only one volunteer at the time (if it during working hours). After working hours you can go to town whenever you want to, alone or with other volunteers.
Some of the tasks that volunteer will do are: Feeding and care monkeys, construction and repair of refugees, assisting in the capture and handling of the monkeys, working in the tree plantation for the monkeys, washing monkey plates, and care of the other animals, such as, dogs, cats, geese, horses, llamas, donkeys, sheep, ducks and chickens.
It’s very important that the participant love animals and have no fear of them. Will be always a coordinator organizing the activities. (English speaker).
Volunteer Opportunities: Animal Rescue Center
- Project Length: From 1 week to 6 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Córdoba (COR)
- Project Period: Year round
- Accommodation: In Caraya Project
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 7-9 Hours per day
- Daily work: Morning and Afternoon
- Weekends: Free to sightseeing, Travel, etc.
- Requirements: Basic Spanish
- Age Limits: 18 to 40 years old
- Airlines: American Airlines, Lan , Tam, Gol, KLM, AirFrance , Aerolineas Argentinas, Etihad, Copa Airlines
- Vaccinations: Routine Vaccinations, Rabies, Hepatitis-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Airport meet and greet in Cordoba
- Host Family Accommodation, 3 meals a day
- Orientation, project briefing in Córdoba
- Volunteer project placement 30 hour per week
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Argentina. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet.