This program is ideal for those interested working and living in nature. You will live and volunteer in the largest national park in Peru, staying in bungalows located in the Madre de Dios region. The volunteer project supports the ongoing community effort of tree reforestation mainly, education of the locals on organic farming when available, medicinal plants and the importance of sustainable growth in the Amazonian rainforest.
Volunteers tasks may include research projects about plant life, flower inventory, transporting and replanting as needed, clearing paths, digging holes for new trees to be planted. Some work may be with rescued animals, building cages etc. Spanish is not required, although helpful especially when visiting the local community on education outreach projects when possible.
- ABV Orientation guide includes a comprehensive list of required supplies to bring with you.
- February is rainy season and should be avoided since roads to the project can be closed.
- No transportation to the National Park on Sundays
- We recommend volunteers to arrive on the week (Monday to Friday)
Volunteer Opportunities Peru: Conservation Environmental
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Cusco (CUZ)
- Accommodation: Open-air cabana, shared housing
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Peru, American, Delta, Spirit, Copa, Taca, Iberia
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Cusco
- First and last night of program includes hostel stay in Cusco
- Orientation in Cusco before departing for the national park.
- 8 hour bus ride to the project site, tickets are included
- Support: Local staff support 24/7 at the project site
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet