As in many communities, the elderly are among the most vulnerable population, many abused or neglected by their family. Volunteering helps to improve the health and sense of dignity among the residents. You will provided welcome companionship, support and love. This Home, run by a religious organization, accommodates 120 full time residents. Although the local staff do all they can to care, provide food and love, there is such a need for more help!
Volunteers help to prepare meals, feed the residents, spend time talking and playing games. Spanish speaking volunteers are preferred. Language immersion lessons can be taken in the afternoon.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any day to arrive
- Requirements: Basic Spanish or local Spanish lessons required
- Program donation: US$50 payable with the program fees.
- Arrival airport: Ayacucho (AYA)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Peru, Start Perú, LC Perú
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Ayacucho
- Airport meet and greet in Ayacucho. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 25 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing and afternoons free to explore the city
- Typical shift work hours are 8am - 13pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Tours to Cusco, to the Nazca Lines, to the Apurimac Valley (Coca Valley or Upper Amazon Forest) to the Wari Ruins and the Quinua Village