Courses are for people who need to master the Spanish language. Courses are taught to individuals or a group of maximum 3 people. Classes are held Monday to Friday with different schedules to accommodate the student´s needs. When a student has prior knowledge of Spanish, he or she is invited to take an evaluation test to determine exactly which level course would suit best. The teaching method is organized into four levels – Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced and Superior. We offer the opportunity of acquiring the International Spanish Diploma sponsored by FIDESCU, and the University of Salamanca for an extra fee.
ONLY Friday, Saturday or Sunday arrival: flight must arrive before 8pm (no exceptions) to San Jose. The orientation is same or next day.
Volunteer Opportunities: Spanish Lessons
- Project length: From 1 week to 4 weeks.
- Project dates: Year round. Programs start every Monday of the year.
- Arrival airport: San Jose (SJO)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, US Airways, Copa, Taca, Avianca, Spirit Airways.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov/
- Accommodation: Host Families.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
- Laundry: Once a week.
- Internet: available in some host families and projects
- Arrival: Airport (SJO) meet and greet by ABV Staff and Airport transfer on arrival to San Jose
- Orientation: Orientation upon arrival.
- Morning or afternoon Spanish lessons, 3 days a week a total of 7 hours (45min each) extra hours can be purchased in country.
Morning or afternoon Volunteer work, 5 days a week for 20 hours
- Support: Full time in-country ABV Coordinator. 24/7 emergency contact number.
- Departure: Transfer back to the airport at the end of the program.
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Internet (Only available in some host families and projects). Any extra activities and excursions or tours not described on the planned itinerary.