Language Immersion blends Spanish lessons with daily volunteer work. Our Immersion program will give you the opportunity to gain, advance or expand your Spanish knowledge, while participating in our volunteer programs. Lessons are provided by tutors on a one-on-one (or two) basis. Lesson plans are created with your input so they can be most effective.
You can combine the Spanish Immersion with any volunteer project, and work half days.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 4 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Managua (MGA)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Requirements: Advance Spanish
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Managua
- Airport meet and greet in Managua. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Morning Volunteer work, 5 days a week for 20 hours
- Afternoon Spanish lessons, 5 days a week for 20 hours (45min each)
- Certificate of completion from ABV
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nicaragua.. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Central America /US$|
|Nicaragua - Spanish Immersion||995||1290||1530||1790|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 8, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.