Volunteer Nicaragua, Language Immersion blends Spanish lessons with daily volunteer work. Our Immersion program will give you the opportunity to gain, advance or expand your Spanish knowledge, while participating in our volunteer programs. Lessons are provided by tutors on a one-on-one (or two) basis. Lesson plans are created with your input so they can be most effective.
You can combine the Spanish Immersion with any volunteer project, and work half days.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 4 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Managua (MGA)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Requirements: Advance Spanish
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Managua
- Airport meet and greet in Managua. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Morning Volunteer work, 5 days a week for 20 hours
- Afternoon Spanish lessons, 5 days a week for 20 hours (45min each)
- Certificate of completion from ABV
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nicaragua.. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet