Do you want to improve your Spanish at the same time that you are volunteering in Arequipa?
Arequipa is known for having a very clear accent and people don’t talk so rapidly that you can’t understand what they are saying. The city is not as touristic as other cities in Peru, so you would be surrounded more by Peruvians and less by fellow foreigners.
We work with a team of specialized Spanish tutors who can teach Spanish for all levels, basic to advanced student with flexible schedules, so if you are volunteering in the morning your Spanish lessons can be in the afternoon or if you are volunteering in the afternoon your Spanish lessons can be arrange in the morning.
Your Spanish lessons will focus on speaking, grammar and useful vocabulary for your volunteer work.
- Project length: From 1 to 4 weeks, you can add more lessons once in country
- Arrival airport: Arequipa (AQP) via Lima connection
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Peru, Taca (Avianca), Peruvian, LCPeru
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Arequipa.
- Airport meet and greet in Arequipa. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Morning or afternoon Spanish lessons, 5 days a week for 20 hours (45min each)
- Morning or afternoon Volunteer work, 5 days a week for 20 hours
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet