Volunteer with a local child care organization aimed to rescue children from abandonment. Most of the kids at this center are victims of different types of abuse, children who have been involved in crime and children who have been abandoned by their families or been forced to work on the streets of Managua.
In this center the children are given a second chance at a better life. Children, who demonstrate willingness to improve, get the opportunity to reintegrate in society, go to school and live in homestays on campus. Each homestay have around 7 children and a “Mom” who cares for them 24/7. The center cares for about 100 children
- Volunteers are needed to give different types of recreational activities. These activities can include but are not limited to: English lessons, art lessons, play sports and teach how to do handicrafts. The children range in age between 10 and 17 years old.
- Spanish speaking volunteers needed, and those willing and able to be creative, loving, supportive and caring to these special children.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year Round * Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Managua (MGA)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Requirements: Advance Spanish
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Local Homestay
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nicaragua. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Central America /US$|
|Nicaragua - Spanish Immersion||995||1290||1530||1790|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 8, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|Central America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.