Volunteer with a local child care organization aimed to rescue children from abandonment. Most of the kids at this center are victims of different types of abuse, children who have been involved in crime and children who have been abandoned by their families or been forced to work on the streets of Managua.
In this center the children are given a second chance at a better life. Children, who demonstrate willingness to improve, get the opportunity to reintegrate in society, go to school and live in homestays on campus. Each homestay have around 7 children and a “Mom” who cares for them 24/7. The center cares for about 100 children
- Volunteers are needed to give different types of recreational activities. These activities can include but are not limited to: English lessons, art lessons, play sports and teach how to do handicrafts. The children range in age between 10 and 17 years old.
- Spanish speaking volunteers needed, and those willing and able to be creative, loving, supportive and caring to these special children.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year Round * Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Managua (MGA)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Requirements: Advance Spanish
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Local Homestay
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nicaragua. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet