Volunteer at this large public facility that provides daily child care and pre-school services to upwards of 170 children daily. Most poor families and single mothers rely on this center to care for their children why they work. This is a fun lively project with many many youngsters. Volunteers will care and support the daily influx of children, all of whom range from 18 months to 5 years old. The program has a nutrition program, where they provide a daily meal (lunch) to the kids. Volunteers feed the kids, helping with pre-school lessons, play games, help in the kitchens.
Project hours are 7:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Volunteer tasks including changing diapers, upkeep duties at the facility, kitchen help, recreational and educational needs for the older children. This is a fast paced, active program with a lot of daily activity. This project is closed every year between December-February.
You must be able to communicate in Spanish. This program can also be combined with the Language and Cultural Immersion program
Program Closed: November 15th to February 15th
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Managua (Code: MGA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Advance Spanish
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and Greet (Volunteer pays for taxi to Granada US$45)
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: Airport Transfer (Volunteer pays for taxi to Managua Airport US$45)
- Flights to Nicaragua. Taxi airport Managua-Granada-Managua. Entry Visa (US$35). Departure taxes, some airlines include this fee in the airfare. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet.
|Central America /US$|
|Nicaragua - Spanish Immersion||995||1290||1530||1790|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 8, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|Central America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.