Volunteer at this large public facility that provides daily child care and pre-school services to upwards of 170 children daily. Most poor families and single mothers rely on this center to care for their children why they work. This is a fun lively project with many many youngsters. Volunteers will care and support the daily influx of children, all of whom range from 18 months to 5 years old. The program has a nutrition program, where they provide a daily meal (lunch) to the kids. Volunteers feed the kids, helping with pre-school lessons, play games, help in the kitchens.
Project hours are 7:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Volunteer tasks including changing diapers, upkeep duties at the facility, kitchen help, recreational and educational needs for the older children. This is a fast paced, active program with a lot of daily activity. This project is closed every year between December-February.
You must be able to communicate in Spanish. This program can also be combined with the Language and Cultural Immersion program
Program Closed: November 15th to February 15th
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Managua (Code: MGA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Advance Spanish
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and Greet (Volunteer pays for taxi to Granada US$45)
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: Airport Transfer (Volunteer pays for taxi to Managua Airport US$45)
- Flights to Nicaragua. Taxi airport Managua-Granada-Managua. Entry Visa (US$35). Departure taxes, some airlines include this fee in the airfare. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet.