Volunteer at an all girls home in Granada. There are 25 girls growing up in a safe and caring environment. This is a home for girls who have been mistreated, abused, raped, or their carers struggle to provide for them as they themselves may have been affected by a life of drug addiction or prostitution
The girls enter the home from any age from 4-14 and can stay up until 18 when their schooling is completed. The girls follow a definite structure to the day, cleaning and washing clothes early in the morning and then school. The schooling is outside the home, which means the girls do not become institutionalised. The staff/nuns teach them how to defend for themselves with basic life skills ranging from sewing to washing their clothes to cooking. Volunteers offer the girls need a sympathetic ear, a helping hand with their everyday tasks and good assistance with their homework.
Strong Spanish skills are required. This project is minimum 4 weeks. This program can also be combined with the Language and Cultural Immersion program
- Project Length: From 4 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Managua (Code: MGA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Advance Spanish
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and Greet (Volunteer pays for taxi to Granada US$45)
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: Airport Transfer (Volunteer pays for taxi to Managua Airport US$45)
- Flights to Nicaragua. Taxi airport Managua-Granada-Managua. Entry Visa (US$35). Departure taxes, some airlines include this fee in the airfare. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet.
|Central America /US$|
|Nicaragua - Spanish Immersion||995||1290||1530||1790|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 8, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|Central America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.