Ayacucho is considered the second poorest region of the country (51% of its population lives below the poverty line, the national average is 23.8%. A Broader View Volunteers works in partnership with community leaders in this impoverished community, at a large public orphanage.
This Center is home to over 150 children, from babies to teens. The Center provides a home to little boys under the age of 6 years, and to girls under the age of 17 years old. The children are divided and live in small group homes. Volunteer tasks include teaching conversational English, health and hygiene, assisting with homework, and providing help withconversational English instruction.
In the morning the volunteers care for the babies, playing and feeding them. In the afternoon, they can interact with the children, reading books, playing soccer and other games, helping with their homework. It can be a tiring and challenging experience - but very rewarding!
17-20 min by Cab US$3-4 each way or 35-40 min by bus US$0.70-1 each way
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Requirements: Female Volunteers only. Basic in Spanish or Spanish Lessons
- Program donation: US$50 payable with the program fees.
- Arrival airport: Ayacucho (AYA) via Lima Connection
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Peru, Start Perú, LC Perú
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Ayacucho
- Airport meet and greet in Ayacucho. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing and afternoons free to explore the city
- Typical shift work hours are 8am-12pm and 2pm-5pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Tours to Cusco, to the Coca Valley (Apurimac Valley or the Upper Amazon Forest), to the Nazca Lines, to the Wari Ruins and the Quinua Village
|South America / US$|
|Peru - Spanish Immersion||1070||1375||1735||1895|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.