The Kindergarten mission is to prioritize the strengthening of the capabilities of the families and the children themselves in order to achieve the formation of better generations within a framework of sound principles and values by developing actions aimed at the fulfilment of their rights in order to achieve a more just and human society.
The kindergarten has an average of 140 to 160 children that are from single parent households or from families of extreme poverty. The Kindergarten runs well because of the continuous effort and time given by all the teachers and the volunteers.
As a volunteer you will have the unique experience of working intimately with a new culture, and will surely develop close relationships with the children and the teachers. The work in the Kindergarten is enjoyable, though also a bit tiring at times. Some daily talks include making sure the children wash their hands, keeping an eye that they don’t start fighting, entertaining them with any special skills you have, and playing with them at break time.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: March through December. Two week winter vacation in mid July.
- Requirements: Basic Spanish or Spanish lessons locally
- Program donation: US$50 payable with the program fees.
- Arrival airport: Via Lima to Arequipa (AQP)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Via Lima to Arequipa. Lan Peru, Peruvian, Taca (Avianca) , LCPeru
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Arequipa
- Airport meet and greet in Arequipa. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 25 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing and afternoons free to explore the city
- Typical shift work hours are 9 am – 2 pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|South America / US$|
|Peru - Spanish Immersion||1070||1375||1735||1895|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.