This is a unique opportunity to learn and support the work of professional paramedics. Volunteer will have the opportunity to accompany the medical team as they provide emergency medical support throughout the city of San Jose.
Volunteer will gain knowledge and experience in stabilizing patients, assisting in first aid, different rescue scenarios, rending CPR aid, fire prevention, and evacuation events. This is a great chance to learn more about this profession while offering hands on assistance to the local medical staff. This project can be combined with the Spanish Language Immersion option.
Project Notes: Required $600 extra per month, fee covers all medical and training equipment provided by the medical center.
- Project length: 4 weeks and 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: San Jose (SJO) Juan Santamaría International Airport.
- Work Schedule: 10 hour days, 4 days a week Monday-Thursday.
- Requirements: Proficient Spanish, $600 monthly training/equipment fee
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 years or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, US Airways, Copa, Taca, Avianca, Spirit Airways.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov/
- Accommodation: Host Families.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
- Arrival: Airport (SJO). Meet and greet by ABV Staff and transfer to host family.
- Orientation: Orientation upon arrival.
- Support: Full time in-country ABV Coordinator. 24 hour emergency contact number.
- Departure: Transfer back to the airport at the end of the program.
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Any extra activities and excursions or tours not described on the planned itinerary.