"This experience was one that I will never forget. The support while in Costa Rica was magnificent"
This is a unique opportunity to learn and support the work of professional paramedics. Volunteer will have the opportunity to accompany the medical team as they provide emergency medical support throughout the city of San Jose.
Volunteer will gain knowledge and experience in stabilizing patients, assisting in first aid, different rescue scenarios, rending CPR aid, fire prevention, and evacuation events. This is a great chance to learn more about this profession while offering hands on assistance to the local medical staff. This project can be combined with the Spanish Language Immersion option.
Project Notes: Required $600 extra per month, fee covers all medical and training equipment provided by the medical center.
- Project length: 4 weeks and 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: San Jose (SJO) Juan Santamaría International Airport.
- Work Schedule: 10 hour days, 4 days a week Monday-Thursday.
- Requirements: Proficient Spanish, $600 monthly training/equipment fee
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 years or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, US Airways, Copa, Taca, Avianca, Spirit Airways.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov/
- Accommodation: Host Families.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
- Arrival: Airport (SJO). Meet and greet by ABV Staff and transfer to host family.
- Orientation: Orientation upon arrival.
- Support: Full time in-country ABV Coordinator. 24 hour emergency contact number.
- Departure: Transfer back to the airport at the end of the program.
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Any extra activities and excursions or tours not described on the planned itinerary.
|Central America / US$|
|Costa Rica (San Jose Paramedical/Rescue)||1355||1920|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.