Many pregnant young woman find themselves on the streets, with no assistance or medical help. The Young Mothers Home was established to help young homeless girls and their babies. Currently about 20 girls and their babies live on campus. This is a safe haven where they receive medical, educational and socio support before, during and after their pregnancy. The center is open 24 hours in case of emergency arrivals
- Volunteers with midwife or medical training are needed to give necessary pre-natal checkups, health advice, postpartum period and education for woman’s health issues.
- Health counseling and education on preparation for parenthood and also woman’s health issues after birth and expectations. Family planning, breastfeeding support and also care for the newborns is needed.
- Spanish speaking volunteers needed
Volunteer Opportunities Nicaragua: MidWifery / Health
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Managua (MGA)
- Requirements: Advance Spanish
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Managua
- Airport meet and greet in Managua. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 35-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work can be: 8:00am - 4:00pm with a break for lunch
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nicaragua.. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Central America /US$|
|Nicaragua - Spanish Immersion||995||1290||1530||1790|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 8, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|Central America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.