A soup kitchen is an establishment which offers free meals to the needy. In Ayacuho alone there are 10 such establishments.
Most of the daily visitors are elderly, homeless and small school children. Volunteer will help prepare, and cook meals. Volunteers will help to set up tables, serving meals, cleaning off the tables, dish washing, cleaning floors and taking care of the garbage.
Volunteers also help the school kids with their homework, as well as teach informal English lessons to the staff and visitors. Spanish speakers are preferred. Language Immersion lessons can be taken in the afternoon.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any day to arrive
- Requirements: Basic Spanish
- Program donation: US$50 payable with the program fees.
- Arrival airport: Via Lima to Ayacucho (AYA)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Peru, Start Perú, LC Perú
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Ayacucho
- Airport meet and greet in Ayacucho. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 25 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing and afternoons free to explore the city
- Typical shift work hours are 8am - 01pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Tours to Cusco, to the Nazca Lines, to the Apurimac Valley (Coca Valley or Upper Amazon Forest) to the Wari Ruins and the Quinua Village
|South America / US$|
|Peru - Spanish Immersion||1070||1375||1735||1895|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.