It is a public institution to give shelter, food and education to abandoned and orphan children from 7 to 17 years old. There are around 40 children, living together with their tutors or teachers. In the mornings or in the afternoons they go to school, so either in the morning or in the afternoon they have free time to do their homework or play. The volunteers can help them in these activities, even more, these kids lack of attention from someone else will be very happy to play with the volunteers and the volunteer will be a great emotional support for them.
The boys spend most of the time in the orphanage building, having much time for themselves. The volunteer can help the boy in having a less boring life, they can play football or any sport, the kids are eager to learn new things. Only male volunteers for this program.
Donations: Games, soccer balls, cards, bed blankets, birthday parties, coloring book, dictionary English-spanish, building paint, jackets, sweaters, shoes.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: March to December
- Arrival airport: Ayacucho (AYA) via Lima connection
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Requirements: Male Volunteers. Basic Spanish or local Spanish lessons available
- Program donation: US$50 payable with the program fees.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Peru, LC Perú, Star Perú
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Ayacucho
- Airport meet and greet in Ayacucho. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. Approx. 30 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing and afternoons free to explore the city
- Typical shift work hours are 7am - 1pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Also, the city tour, the tours to the Quinua Village and the Wari Ruins, the tours to the Nazca Lines, Machu Picchu, the Ayacucho’s Amazon Forest (the Coca Valley) or to the Vilcas Huamán Inca Ruins