As an ungraduated healthcare student this is an excellent opportunity to assist in a medical center. Gain universal knowledge and experience in your future career path. Volunteer with a local foundation that believes in the physical recovery of all individuals, offering rehabilitation to all people from the La Mesa Colombian community.
Volunteers have the opportunity to assist staff with the rehabilitation of inpatients and outpatients. Some patients have been born with a disability, others have been in car accidents, or suffer from birth defects. This includes physical, occupational, speech therapy and special needs care for children and adults. Volunteers with paramedical experience have the opportunity to help with patient services, emergency ward, patient transport by land. This is a great opportunity to improve your skills, knowledge, resume, language, learn about medicine in a developing country. * This program can be combine with Spanish lessons to improve your Spanish while in country.
Volunteer Opportunities: Rehabilitation Medical Program
- Project Duration: From 1 week up to 8 weeks
- Project Dates: Year Round. Arrival/Departures weekends
- Arrival airport: El Dorado, Bogota City Airport (BOG)
- Requirements: Advance Spanish, medical credentials/enrollment
- Accommodations: Local Host Family
- Meals: Week 3 meals, 2 meals Saturday, no meals Sunday
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Avianca, Taca, Air France, Iberia.
- Immunizations: Routine Vac, Hep - A and typhoid www.nc.cdc.gov
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday. 30-40 hours a week
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7.
- Departure: Transfer to El Dorado Airport Bogota.
- Flights to Colombia. Roundtrip transfer cost from airport to project location. Visa and/or airport entry fees and exit. Vaccinations. Local Transport. Travel & Medical Insurance. Laundry and internet connection.