The programs are located outside of Belize City, is less than 2 miles from the international airport (BZE). This makes for an any easy arrival and departure days. The village is a close knit community where the locals are generous and easy going. Within close proximity are small shops and eateries and local transport (bus or taxi) to downtown Belize City (gateways to many tours).
A Broader View Volunteers Abroad Gap Year Projects Overseas
The wonderful climate and the hospitable people make Belize a wonderful place to live and volunteer. Our programs provide you the chance to discover the wonders of the Caribbean and Central America, while doing meaningful and rewarding community service work. This is a great opportunity to explore life in a coastal Caribbean town, live and work amongst the locals and realize one person can make a difference.
Volunteer Opportunities Belize Orphanage
- Project length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival airport: Belize City (BZE)
- Work schedule: 5 days a week, 6-7 hours per day
- Requirements: Police Check/Clearance report
- Age limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, US Airways
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov/
- Accommodation: On-site dorm style/local guesthouse
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview with ABV Staff
- Support: Pre-departure info, Local Coordinator and 24hr emergency support
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Belize. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Central America / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.