The programs are located outside of Belize City, is less than 2 miles from the international airport (BZE). This makes for an any easy arrival and departure days. The village is a close knit community where the locals are generous and easy going. Within close proximity are small shops and eateries and local transport (bus or taxi) to downtown Belize City (gateways to many tours).
A Broader View Volunteers Abroad Gap Year Projects Overseas
The wonderful climate and the hospitable people make Belize a wonderful place to live and volunteer. Our programs provide you the chance to discover the wonders of the Caribbean and Central America, while doing meaningful and rewarding community service work. This is a great opportunity to explore life in a coastal Caribbean town, live and work amongst the locals and realize one person can make a difference.
Volunteer Opportunities Belize Orphanage
- Project length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival airport: Belize City (BZE)
- Work schedule: 5 days a week, 6-7 hours per day
- Requirements: Police Check/Clearance report
- Age limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, US Airways
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov/
- Accommodation: On-site dorm style/local guesthouse
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview with ABV Staff
- Support: Pre-departure info, Local Coordinator and 24hr emergency support
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer