Perched high atop of a plateau, the town of La Mesa is typical Colombian country-side retreat located about 2 hours outside of Bogota.
La Mesa has year-round warm weather (75F), fresh mountain air and offers a visitor a place to relax and unwind. Local tiendas and colorful shops dot the main streets, outdoor cafes and marketplaces are interspersed with churches and parks. What draws most visitors are the rolling hills, hiking and camping opportunities and the local crops of mango trees, lemon, oranges and coffee.
Volunteer in La Mesa and experience the real Colombia. Considered a retreat area away from the large busy city, La Mesa offers a ton of naturist options nearby hiking, mountain climbing, biking. As a volunteer the town is not too big, and not too small, perhaps just the perfect size to be 100% immersed but still see some other foreigners during your time there. ABV Volunteer projects focus on supporting health, children and elderly care projects in La Mesa.
Volunteer Opportunities in La Mesa Colombia
- Project Duration: From 1 week up to 8 weeks
- Project Dates: Year Round.
- Arrival airport: El Dorado, Bogota City Airport (BOG)
- Requirements: Advance Spanish, medical credentials/enrollment
- Accommodations: Local Host Family
- Meals: Week 3 meals, 2 meals Saturday, no meals Sunday
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Avianca, Taca, Air France, Iberia.
- Immunizations: Routine Vac, Hep - A and typhoid www.nc.cdc.gov
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday. 35-40 hours a week
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7.
- Departure: Transfer to El Dorado Airport Bogota.
- Flights to Colombia. Visas and/or airport entry fees and exit. Vaccinations. Local Transport. Travel & Medical Insurance. Overnight stay elsewhere. Laundry and internet connection.