What could be more rewarding that volunteering during the week and then visiting Machu Picchu on the weekend? This is a reality if you choose to visit Cusco/Cuzco Peru. Volunteering in Cusco will have you working with children in a kindergarten, day care, orphanage or special needs center, teaching english at a school. Medical and premedical/prenurse volunteers are placed in one of the cities public clinics. You will live with a local middle class host family in safe and close to the programs.
A Broader View Volunteers Abroad Gap Year Projects Overseas
All our programs can be combined with Spanish Lessons. Each Program has a description of the length, the cost, whats included and not included in the fees. Most volunteer programs are available form 1 to 12 weeks, read the Overview for more details. Volunteer with ABV in Cusco/Cuzco and see a broader view of the World!
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival airport: Cusco (CUZ)
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday 6 to 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons. $50 or $100 medical program required donation.
- Age limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Peru, American, Delta, Spirit, Copa, Taca, Iberia
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family (Cusco) or Park Cabins (Amazons)
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Cusco Tour/Orientation
- Support: Pre-departure helpdesk, Local Coordinator and 24hr emergency support
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|South America / US$|
|Peru - Spanish Immersion||1070||1375||1735||1895|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.