Volunteer Peru What could be more rewarding that volunteering during the week and then visiting Machu Picchu on the weekend? This is a reality if you choose to visit Cusco/Cuzco Peru. Volunteering in Cusco will have you working with children in a kindergarten, day care, orphanage or special needs center, teaching english at a school. Medical and premedical/prenurse volunteers are placed in one of the cities public clinics. You will live with a local middle class host family in safe and close to the programs.
All our programs can be combined with Spanish Lessons. Each Program has a description of the length, the cost, whats included and not included in the fees. Most volunteer programs are available form 1 to 12 weeks, read the Overview for more details. Volunteer with ABV in Cusco/Cuzco and see a broader view of the World!
Programs in Peru Cusco
- Language Immersion
- Medical / Healthcare
- Teaching English
- Premedical / Predental
- Orphanage / Child Care
- Senior Care Center
- Special Needs / Therapy Support
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival airport: Cusco (CUZ)
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday 6 to 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons. $50 or $100 medical program required donation.
- Age limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Peru, American, Delta, Spirit, Copa, Taca, Iberia
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family (Cusco) or Park Cabins (Amazons)
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Cusco Tour/Orientation
- Support: Pre-departure helpdesk, Local Coordinator and 24hr emergency support
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet