The capital of Leyte province, Tacloban City is in the eastern Visayas over 350 miles from Manila. The city is located on the Cancabato Bay, which divides the island of Leyte and Samar.
The climate is consistently hot and wet throughout the year, and on average May is the warmest month. This area is known for its historical significance to the Second World War, as well as for natural ecological beauty.
This is a primarily Waray speaking city with a large population of Roman Catholics.
Because of the growing economy Tacloban has a relatively low poverty rate compared to other parts of the country. However there is a lot of disparage between the classes. Many people, mostly children live in constant hunger, with limited resources and need assistance from the projects our volunteer support.
- Project length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Tacloban (Code: TAC)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements:Tourist Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parent
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet