- Is my donation tax-deductible?
- Your donation to a US-Based 501(c)3 charitable organization is 100% tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. You'll receive an email receipt that meets the IRS requirements for a record for your donors.
- What are the fees for fundraising?
- A Broader View only charges 5% per transaction to pay Paypal fees and bank wires.
- How does setting up my fundraiding campaign work on ABV?
- If you are a U.S. resident, A Broader View uses Paypal, a safe and secure system to process and collect your donations. The donations go directly to ABV Paypal account and it will show in your ABV profile any donation you get. Paypal has the highest security classification from the Payment Card Industry to safely and securely process your payments. If you are not a U.S. resident, ABV used PayPal's ultra-secure payment processing system to process your donations and collect your donations. For non US residents, you can't tax deduct any donation.
- How long does it take to receive my money?
- You will get the funds in less than 5 minutes into ABV's paypal account. You will see the funds in your ABV profile once the payment is cleared, not all payments go through, make sure that the donor gets an email from paypal letting them know the payment went through. The donations will discount the due balance.
- How do I know if my donation went through?
- You can check the "Donations" tab of the fundraiser's profile to verify that your donation was accepted by our system.
- Can I extend my fundraising campaign or change my fundraising goal?
- Yes! Please email us at fundraise[at]abroaderview[dot]org and will update your campaign right away! You can only extend for an extra week if needed.
- How much am I allowed to fundraise?
- You are allowed to fundraise for the ABV fees (due balance amount in your ABV Account), you can't fundraise for airfare, or other expenses, we recommend to use other websites if you want to fundraise for all the other expenses. We will recommend some fundraising website once you are confirmed in our program. The ABV expenses through our fundraise page will give tax deduction receipts to your donors.
- Are there any penalties for not meeting my fundraising goal?
- ABV does not charge any penalties if volunteers do not meet their fundraising goal. This is a major advantage over other crowdfunding sites.
- Do I need a PayPal account to collect donations?
- You don't, all donations you receive go through ABV will be collected in ABV’s PayPal account (minus fees).
- Will donors need a PayPal account to donate?
- Donors can make a donation with just a credit or debit card. Donors also have the option of paying with their PayPal account.
- Who is eligible to create a fundraising account?
- Fundraising accounts are for anyone who is volunteering abroad with A Broader View and already has sent the initial US$120 deposit.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.