Volunteer in Vietnam, At this center the children range in age from 2yrs to 16yrs. The pagoda is located on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City so any volunteer who ventures here will have a truly Cultural experience. The center's director is a Buddhist Monk and the center protects, supports and gives opportunities to the most needy. The center supports almost 300 orphaned children, some of which have sight impairment, disabled, HIV and rescued street kids.
The Monks are very willing to impart their knowledge of the Vietnamese language and the Buddhist way of life. This program will provide a truly wonderful experience to any volunteer who has an interest in this type of monastic lifestyle. The Buddhist way is one of giving and sharing, and life at the Pagoda is an enriching experience.
Activities: Teaching Basic English to the Monks and local children. Feeding babies, working in the gardens, creating activities for the young adults. Volunteers are also encouraged to lend a hand with work tasks around the Pagoda, basically just giving assistance when it is required. Local guesthouse accommodations provided.
- Project length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Ho Chi Minh (code: SGN)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 5-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents
- Program starts and ends in Ho Chi Minh City
- Meals: 2 Meals a day (stipend)
- Airport meet and greet in HCMC airport. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work 2-3 hours in morning and afternoon
- Support: Local ABV Coordinator Support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Vietnam. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet