Volunteer Vietnam, This village is based about 6-7 miles outside of Hanoi. The village provides medical care, physical therapy, education and vocational training for 100-120 children with a variety of mental and physical conditions. There are nine family-style residences providing housing for girls and boys and their housemothers as well as special housing for severely disabled children. Other buildings house administrative offices, a medical clinic, a kitchen and dining hall, vocational studios, and educational facilities including a computer classroom. There are organic fruit and vegetable gardens, a medicinal herb garden, fishponds and farm animals.
Activities: Volunteers will have opportunities to teach English and will be mainly be engaged in helping the children with other activities that the children have the ability to carry out, such as craft, art, embroidery, computer skills, and assisting the children their movements and rehabilitation. There is also a very large organic farm at the village that provides up to 60% of the center’s produce. Volunteers will be given the opportunity to work in the garden and to assist in other physical activities if the volunteer has the capacity to do so. Local guesthouse accommodation, or on-site dorm room options.
- Project length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Hanoi (Code: HAN)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 5-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents
- Airlines: United, Korean Air, China Airlines, Delyta, Qatar, Air France, Qantas
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Hanoi
- Meals: 2 Meals a day (stipend)
- Airport meet and greet in Hanoi. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work 2-3 hours in morning and afternoon
- Support: Local ABV Coordinator support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Vietnam. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet