Volunteer in Vietman, At this school they provide accommodation and meals for 35 children from disadvantaged backgrounds. The children come from remote areas of Northern Vietnam and their families are either too poor to send them to school, or there are many other difficulties faced by the family, such as the loss of a father or mother. The school provides them with a start in life through their primary years and assists them to move into the High School system.
The school also provides low cost education initiatives for the local families in the area. Their fees are structured in a way that allows families to give their children a good primary education with the fee based upon the income that the family receives. The school has a very high academic standard and the teaching of English has a high priority given the opportunities that a knowledge of English can provide for young people in the work force.
Activities: Volunteers will be given a teaching schedule upon arrival and the primary role of the volunteer will be to assist the English teachers during classes with the primary focus on pronunciation. Volunteers may also be called upon to develop their own lesson plan when leading a class. Local guesthouse accommodations provided.
Volunteer Opportunities Vietman: Teaching / Education
- Project length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Hanoi (Code: HAN)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 5-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents
- Airlines: United, Korean Air, China Airlines, Delyta, Qatar, Air France, Qantas
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Hanoi
- Meals: 2 Meals a day (stipend)
- Airport meet and greet in Hanoi. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work 2-3 hours in morning and afternoon
- Support: Local ABV Coordinator support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Vietnam. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet