Volunteers needed to teach conversational English in the local schools in and around Yantai. Placement are available in kindergartens, primary schools, high schools and colleges throughout the city. Teacher assistants are supported by the local teacher, and will focus on language comprehension and speaking. The teachers and students are eager to learn English, so volunteers are very welcome at the schools.
Class sizes vary from 20-30 students per class. Volunteers assist the local (bi-lingual) teacher, and will be provided guidance and instructions. The classes are Monday –Friday and volunteers should be prepared to teach 20-25 hours per week (3-4 classes a day). Volunteers are teaching conversation English, using songs, books, teaching aids and any other ideas that you can come up with. *Limited arrivals in May and October due to National holidays.
- Spring Semester: March through mid June
- Fall Semester: September through mid December
The Chinese Lunar New Year February 4 to 19
The China National Holidays from Oct 1 to 7
International Labour Day Holidays from May 1 to 3
- Project length: From 1 week to 8 Weeks
- Arrival Airport: Yantai (YNT)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 4-5 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa, native English speaker
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: Air China, Delta, United, China Souther, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Private dorm room with bathroom
- Meals: 3 Meals
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet