Our programs in Nicaragua give you an extraordinary opportunity to experience the fascinating culture in Central American's largest, democratic republic country. Although Nicaragua has a shadowed past, however today it is considered one of the safest countries in the Americas.
A booming increase in tourism over the last 7 years has positively affected many industries. Tourists come to see the beauty and diversity of the country; fresh water lake, volcanoes, ecotourism, colonial towns and the beaches. However, mainly an agricultural country, Nicaragua still has widespread underemployment and poverty. Nicaragua is among the poorest countries in the Americas, and almost half of the population lives below the poverty line.
ABV Volunteer project focus on supporting woman and children of Managua.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Managua (Code: MGA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Local Homestay
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nicaragua. Entry Visa.Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet