Our programs in Belize offer an unparalleled opportunity to discover one of the most fascinating lands of Central America. Belize is a stable, democratic country that lies on the eastern Central American coast; nestled between Mexico, Guatemala and the Caribbean Sea.
Belize is culturally unique among Central American nations. It is the only nation in Central America with a British colonial heritage. The country is a sovereign, democratic state, and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is the constitutional Head of State
In Belize over half of the tiny country is covered by tropical rainforest whilst offshore the second largest barrier reef in the world can be found as well as over 200 cayes (islands). The official language of this multi ethnic, multi lingual country is English although the Creole dialect and Spanish are widely spoken. Belize has a population of just 266,440 with nearly 50% of this population under 18 years of age.
Volunteering in Belize will provide you the chance of a lifetime to explore this mysterious country while giving back to the community. Our volunteer projects allow you to support local children, at the orphanages and the onsite nursery school. Volunteering with us and Gain a Broader View of the World.
- Project length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival airport: Belize City (BZE)
- Work schedule: 5 days a week, 6-7 hours per day
- Requirements: Police Check/Clearance report
- Age limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, US Airways
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov/
- Accommodation: On-site shared volunteer quarters
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet.
|Central America / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.