The capital of the South West Province is located close to the Gulf of Guinea. Once a German capital colonial city, Buea still boasts a handful of colonial era buildings, and architecture. Today Buea is the provincial capital of Cameroon and a university town. It is the only Cameroon provincial capital that is still considered a rural town mainly because it still lacks the socio-economic development of other areas.
Buea sits on the eastern slopes of Mount Cameroon, the highest mountain in west and central Africa. Every February thousands of people (and tourists) gather for the famous Mount Cameroon Race of Hope (ascending and descending the mountain)
The warm climate, close proximately to the beach and hospitable people make Buea and south west Cameroon a wonderful place to live and volunteer.
This is an English speaking area, although French is also widely spoken in Cameroon. We ask for afternoon arrivals since it is several hours ride from Douala airport to Buea.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Douala (DLA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Visa. Yellow Fever vaccination
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers
- Airlines: Brussels Air, Royal Air Maroc, Delta, AirFrance
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Malaria Medication, Hep A-B wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Shared volunteer house
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Cameroon. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Africa / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.