"This experience was one that I will never forget. The support while in Costa Rica was magnificent"
If you ever wanted to learn Spanish why not consider a Language Immersion program. This is a wonderful opportunity to take Spanish lessons and also volunteer in a local community project. By living with a local Costa Rican family, having daily Spanish lessons and interacting with locals you will be amazed how quickly you can learn.
Language Immersion classes can be combined with any of the San Jose based volunteer project: medical, orphanage support, pre-medical. Focus will be on pronunciation, grammar, and conversation/dialogue. Lessons are 7 hours divided in 3 days a week, you can buy more hours per week locally if needed.
Important: Arrival flights must be before 10pm (no exceptions) to San Jose and departure flight should be after 1pm.
Volunteer Opportunities: Spanish Lessons
- Project length: From 1 week to 4 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: San Jose (SJO)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in San Jose
- Airport meet and greet in San Jose. Morning/Afternoon Orientation
- Morning or afternoon Spanish lessons, 3 days a week a total of 7 hours (45min each)
- Morning or afternoon Volunteer work, 5 days a week for 20 hours
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to San Jose. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Central America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
|Central America / US$|
|Costa Rica - Spanish Immersion||1070||1375||1685||1995|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 6, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.