If you ever wanted to learn Spanish why not consider a Language Immersion program. This is a wonderful opportunity to take Spanish lessons and also volunteer in a local community project. By living with a local Costa Rican family, having daily Spanish lessons and interacting with locals you will be amazed how quickly you can learn.
Language Immersion classes can be combined with any of the San Jose based volunteer project: medical, orphanage support, pre-medical. Focus will be on pronunciation, grammar, and conversation/dialogue. Lessons are 7 hours divided in 3 days a week, you can buy more hours per week locally if needed.
Important: Arrival flights must be before 10pm (no exceptions) to San Jose and departure flight should be after 1pm.
Volunteer Opportunities: Spanish Lessons
- Project length: From 1 week to 4 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: San Jose (SJO)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in San Jose
- Airport meet and greet in San Jose. Morning/Afternoon Orientation
- Morning or afternoon Spanish lessons, 3 days a week a total of 7 hours (45min each)
- Morning or afternoon Volunteer work, 5 days a week for 20 hours
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to San Jose. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet