Antigua is one of the most charming colonial towns in the Americas. Founded in 1543, Antigua was the capital of the area that is now Guatemala, Chiapas, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica until 1777, when the capital was moved to present-day Guatemala City. Antigua has largely retained its colonial ambiance to this day. It has a unique historic ambience that makes Antigua a fascinating place to visit and volunteer.
Antigua was declared a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage, Monument of the Americas and National Monument of Guatemala. Antigua is one of the most popular destinations in Guatemala and tourism plays an important part in the local economy. Its location in the central highlands 1530 m (5000 ft) above sea level gives Antigua a pleasant climate year round.
Volunteer in Guatemala and live among some of the most fascinating cultural sites in Latin America.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Guatemala City (GUA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 6-7 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: 3 per day M-F, 2 meals Saturday, no meals Sunday
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Guatemala. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations.Local Transportation. Travel Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Central America / US$|
|Guatemala - Spanish Immersion||995||1290||1530||1790|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|Central America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.