Volunteer in Guatemala, Antigua is one of the most charming colonial towns in the Americas. Founded in 1543, Antigua was the capital of the area that is now Guatemala, Chiapas, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica until 1777, when the capital was moved to present-day Guatemala City. Antigua has largely retained its colonial ambiance to this day. It has a unique historic ambience that makes Antigua a fascinating place to visit and volunteer.
Antigua was declared a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage, Monument of the Americas and National Monument of Guatemala. Antigua is one of the most popular destinations in Guatemala and tourism plays an important part in the local economy. Its location in the central highlands 1530 m (5000 ft) above sea level gives Antigua a pleasant climate year round.
Volunteer Projects in Guatemala Antigua
Volunteer in Guatemala and live among some of the most fascinating cultural sites in Latin America.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Guatemala City (GUA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 6-7 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: 3 per day M-F, 2 meals Saturday, no meals Sunday
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Guatemala. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations.Local Transportation. Travel Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet