Volunteer in Guatemala. At this program, poor children suffering from malnutrition are provided a safe haven, medical support, education, food and a place to recover. Most of the children are under 6yrs old and come from all over Guatemala for care. The project focus is care and support, feeding, health checks, and monitoring. This program is also recommended for pre-medical students and those interested in a medical career path.
Activities: feeding babies, changing diapers, helping with lessons in the pre-school, teaching basic English to kindergarten, help preparing lessons, playing games with the kids in the afternoons, organizing & support the sport of karate, ballet, football and weekly workshops.
*Volunteers need to arrive in Guatemala in the morning. Last bus to Xela departs at 3:00pm. Overnight in Guatemala city is not included in cost of program. Departure flights from Guatemala City need to be scheduled after 2:00PM.
- Project length: From 4 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year Round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Guatemala City (GUA)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: 3 per day M-F, 2 meals Saturday, no meals Sunday
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Guatemala City
- Airport meet and greet in Guatemala City. Bus tickets to Xela
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 35-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work can be: 7:00am - 4:30pm with lunch break
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: Transfer to Guatemala City airport
- Flights to Guatemala. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Central America / US$|
|Guatemala - Spanish Immersion||995||1290||1530||1790|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|Central America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.