By choosing our renovation and community awareness placement in Rajasthan you will be provided with a fruitful interaction between yourself and the community in which you are working to provide a more positive and healthy environment. You will be working through physical labor on development and renovation work as well as our social awareness campaigns helping to involve the local people by bringing them ownership of their village, its facilities and social issues.
You will spend your time engaging with community development work as well as focusing on social development should you wish to work in both areas. For our development work you will be involved with the painting, repairing and beautification of schools, day care centers, gardens or homes which are below the poverty line. This manual work may also include an element of motivating and creating teams of village children to help clean up litter on the streets or help to plants trees depending on where your project is based. You may also get involved with our dustbin construction initiative where you will be working to create hygiene awareness amongst children.
All our work sites are located in and around Udaipur. Our priority renovation projects are as follows:
- Restoration and decoration of health care centers
- Restoration and decoration of primary or middle schools, children homes etc.
- Artistic decoration of school interiors (artists welcome!)
- Preparing sports facilities
- Repairing houses for families that need urgent support
- Developing garbage and recycling facilities
Available dates for this program:
February 1st to February 28th
May 17th to June 28th
August 9th to September 6th
If you can get a group over 5 volunteers then we can plan for your dates, we can customize the project.
Volunteer Opportunities: community programs
- Project length: From 2 week to 4 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Maharana Pratap (Code: UDR), going through New Delhi
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 4 to 6 hours per day
- Requirements: Police Check/Clearance report
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Jet Airways, Indian Airlines, Spice Airlines
- Vaccinations: Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Share Volunteer House
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch box and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Hindi Lessons: 5 Days included
- Optional: Indian Cuisine, Yoga, Henna and Dance lessons (not included)
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet