The African coast is a magical place with a long and striking history, its calm blue waters the traditional route of the Arabian Spice Trade. Along the coast visitors discover Arab and Portuguese forts, Old Towns and ruins of Swahili outposts that tell of the fascinating history of this area.
The second largest city in Kenya, Mombasa has its own airport called the Moi International Airport. Volunteers should book their flights directly to Mombasa, where our project director will meet them.
In Mombasa our volunteer support a local village school outside of the city limits. The school is not only providing education to 300 children they also receive food each day, and a safe haven with after school activities.
Volunteering in Mombasa is a great opportunity to explore life in coastal Africa, live and work amongst the locals and realize one person can make a difference.
Volunteer Opportunities: Social Programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Mombasa (MBA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist visa.
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Accommodation: Host family
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Kenya. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet