The African coast is a magical place with a long and striking history, its calm blue waters the traditional route of the Arabian Spice Trade. Along the coast visitors discover Arab and Portuguese forts, Old Towns and ruins of Swahili outposts that tell of the fascinating history of this area.
The second largest city in Kenya, Mombasa has its own airport called the Moi International Airport. Volunteers should book their flights directly to Mombasa, where our project director will meet them.
In Mombasa our volunteer support a local village school outside of the city limits. The school is not only providing education to 300 children they also receive food each day, and a safe haven with after school activities.
Volunteering in Mombasa is a great opportunity to explore life in coastal Africa, live and work amongst the locals and realize one person can make a difference.
Volunteer Opportunities: Social Programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Mombasa (MBA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist visa.
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Accommodation: Host family
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Kenya. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Africa / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.