Volunteering Abroad in Uganda: The land of Lake Victoria, is situated in East Africa surrounded by Kenya, Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania and Rwanda. It has a population of 27 million, over half of which are under 18 years of age. Famously called the "Pearl of Africa" by Winston Churchill, it is home to one of the most diverse and concentrated ranges of African fauna including the highly endangered mountain gorilla and the chimpanzee.
Our volunteer programs are based in Wakiso and Mukono district. In these areas, 98% of its population lives in rural areas, and subsistence agriculture is the major activity. The poverty experienced in this area is not just a lack of money but also the inability to access basic needs, such as health care and health facilities, voluntary HIV counseling and testing, as well as basic affordable education for the children.
Our programs allow you to take part in meaningful community service work, while discovering the people, sights, smells and tastes of rural Uganda. Volunteering in Uganda is a way to totally immerse yourself in East African culture. This is a great opportunity to make life-long friends, learn a new culture from the inside out and discover that one person really can make a difference.
Volunteering opportunities are available in urban cities and rural village around the country.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Entebbe (Code: EBB)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa. Expect rural living conditions
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: KLM, Delta, Emirates, British Air, Qatar and United
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Share Volunteer House
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Africa / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.