Volunteer in Uganda, This program is located in a rural village about 5 miles outside of Mukono Town (mid way between Kampala and Jinja). This a rural community, with dirt roads that turn to sticky mud in the rainy season and dust in the dry season. BodaBoda taxi bikes share the road with bicycles and animals. This project programs serve the most vulnerable community members in Mukono District - children and the elderly. The main project is teaching in the village school which supports hundreds of children in the surrounding communities. The school provides not only needed education but opportunities for sports activities, health talks, feeding center and meeting place for the community.
Volunteer in this project and you will be part of the education project, youth sports, community building and be able to be 100% immersed in a rural African village.
Volunteering Programs in Uganda Mukono
Volunteer Opportunities: Uganda Programs
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Entebbe (Code: EBB)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa. Expect rural living conditions
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: KLM, Delta, Emirates, British Air, Qatar and United
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Uganda. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet