This Therapeutic Education Center offers home to children and adolescents diagnosed with moderate to severe intellectual disabilities, ages from 6/7 to 13/14. These diagnoses may be associated with other neurological disorders as epilepsy, infantile autism, Prader Willi syndrome, personality disorders and PDD. Actually the center assists 40 people.
The volunteer will be occupational therapy assistant which includes participation in the garden, accompanying the rides and in the manufacture of various wooden elements. Also part of the musical moments, and would be nice if some of the homeland music and rhythms of the volunteer can be share to the people in the center.
The volunteer will be part of an interdisciplinary group of professionals to accompany children and adolescents attending the Therapeutic Learning Center. The workshop will participate in the volunteer has therapeutic and recreational purposes.
For the host organization is important to receive volunteers from different nationalities and that each volunteer can convey something specific to their culture.
Volunteer Opportunities: Special Needs Children
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Córdoba (COR)
- Project Length: 1 week to 6 weeks
- Project Period: Year round
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 4-6 Hours per day
- Daily work: Morning or Afternoon
- Weekends: Free to sightseeing, Travel, etc.
- Requirements: Intermediate Spanish Knowledge
- Age Limits: 18 to 65 years old
- Airlines: American Airlines, Lan , Tam, Gol, KLM, AirFrance , Aerolineas Argentinas, Etihad, Copa Airlines
- Vaccinations: Routine Vaccinations, Hepatitis-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Airport meet and greet in Cordoba
- Host Family Accommodation, 3 meals a day
- Orientation, project briefing in Córdoba
- Volunteer project placement 30 hour per week
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Argentina. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
|South America / US$|
|Argentina - Spanish Immersion||1070||1375||1685||1995|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 8, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.