Volunteer Argentina, This Therapeutic Education Center offers home to children and adolescents diagnosed with moderate to severe intellectual disabilities, ages from 6/7 to 13/14. These diagnoses may be associated with other neurological disorders as epilepsy, infantile autism, Prader Willi syndrome, personality disorders and PDD. Actually the center assists 40 people.
The volunteer will be occupational therapy assistant which includes participation in the garden, accompanying the rides and in the manufacture of various wooden elements. Also part of the musical moments, and would be nice if some of the homeland music and rhythms of the volunteer can be share to the people in the center.
The volunteer will be part of an interdisciplinary group of professionals to accompany children and adolescents attending the Therapeutic Learning Center. The workshop will participate in the volunteer has therapeutic and recreational purposes.
For the host organization is important to receive volunteers from different nationalities and that each volunteer can convey something specific to their culture.
Volunteer Opportunities: Special Needs Children
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Córdoba (COR)
- Project Length: 1 week to 6 weeks
- Project Period: Year round
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 4-6 Hours per day
- Daily work: Morning or Afternoon
- Weekends: Free to sightseeing, Travel, etc.
- Requirements: Intermediate Spanish Knowledge
- Age Limits: 18 to 65 years old
- Airlines: American Airlines, Lan , Tam, Gol, KLM, AirFrance , Aerolineas Argentinas, Etihad, Copa Airlines
- Vaccinations: Routine Vaccinations, Hepatitis-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Airport meet and greet in Cordoba
- Host Family Accommodation, 3 meals a day
- Orientation, project briefing in Córdoba
- Volunteer project placement 30 hour per week
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Argentina. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet.