Volunteers will support the ongoing building work in the village, help with the piggery and farm project, support the local community center and health talks, and general support of the local grassroots program we work with. Some of your day may be spent digging wells, moving or making bricks, feeding animals, participating in outreach projects and help with the creation of a community library. This can be a very hand on, hands dirty sort of program. Enthusiasm, a good sense of humor and helping spirit are required. Volunteer can also spend time in the children’s school teaching classes.
Volunteer Opportunities: Community Programs
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Entebbe (Code: EBB)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa. Expect rural living conditions
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: KLM, Delta, Emirates, British Air, Qatar and United
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Bulenga
- Airport meet and greet in Entebbe. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 7am - 4pm with lunch break
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Uganda. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Africa / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.