Volunteers will support the ongoing building work in the village, help with the piggery and farm project, support the local community center and health talks, and general support of the local grassroots program we work with. Some of your day may be spent digging wells, moving or making bricks, feeding animals, participating in outreach projects and help with the creation of a community library. This can be a very hand on, hands dirty sort of program. Enthusiasm, a good sense of humor and helping spirit are required. Volunteer can also spend time in the children’s school teaching classes.
Volunteer Opportunities: Community Programs
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Entebbe (Code: EBB)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa. Expect rural living conditions
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: KLM, Delta, Emirates, British Air, Qatar and United
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Bulenga
- Airport meet and greet in Entebbe. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 7am - 4pm with lunch break
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Uganda. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet