We seek to improve the quality of life of street dogs, educate people about responsible ownership, and in turn educate the dog abandoned giving him up for adoption to families that meets the requirements for a full life in order to close the circle of abuse.
Our goal is that the volunteer gets satisfy with the tasks and treatment. And make this unique experience useful by getting a basic “dog education”.
The volunteer will be in charge of important tasks, both in the area of shelter dogs, as in the administrative area. Will among other tasks, cleaning, feeding, walking, dog training, maintenance of kennels using hand tools, management of Ms Office and social networks. There are 70 dogs and 30 horses. Also, the staff is composed by 6 persons and other volunteers. Is located 10 minutes away from Cordoba and is possible to reach by bus that stops at the corner.
The volunteer in this program just need to have love for animals and desire to protect them, patience and dedication.
Volunteer Opportunities: Animal Rescue Center
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Córdoba (COR)
- Project Period: Year round
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 4-6 Hours per day
- Daily work: Morning or Afternoon
- Weekends: Free to sightseeing, Travel, etc.
- Requirements: Intermediate Spanish Knowledge
- Age Limits: 18 to 65 years old
- Airlines: American Airlines, Lan , Tam, Gol, KLM, AirFrance , Aerolineas Argentinas, Etihad, Copa Airlines
- Vaccinations: Routine Vaccinations, Rabies, Hepatitis-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Airport meet and greet in Cordoba
- Host Family Accommodation, 3 meals a day
- Orientation, project briefing in Córdoba
- Volunteer project placement 30 hour per week
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Argentina. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Elderly.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
|South America / US$|
|Argentina - Spanish Immersion||1070||1375||1685||1995|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 8, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.