Volunteer in Tanzania, Dance in Africa is part of everyday life and deeply rooted in the local culture. Dance is used as a means to bring community together, also used for educative purposes at schools and orphanages. Volunteers with a background or passion in dance are welcome!
Volunteer have the opportunity to put their knowledge into practice by creating workshops with the Tanzanian dancers. Local students are eager to learn from the volunteers, and also share their knowledge of local dances. Volunteers should bring their laptop, music and camera.
Visa/Permit Notes: “Volunteer Visa” is required for all program participants. The cost is US$250. Tanzania embassy information.
- Project length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Project start date: Projects begin every Tuesday. Weekend arrival
- Airport Arrival: Kilimanjaro (Code: JRO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 5-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa and Volunteer Permit
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 years or older for solo travelers
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: KLM, Delta, Emirates, Ethiopian and Qatar
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria (Malarone pills recommended), Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Arusha (JRO airport)
- Airport meet and greet. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 30-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 8am-12pm and 2pm-6pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Accommodation: Volunteer House
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Flights to Tanzania. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Sightseeing.