Volunteer in Ecuador, this home was created in benefit of the abandoned elderly, their mission is to help and protect to the elderly who come from different places of the country. There exist several reasons why they are in the home, some of them come from families who do not count with the conditions, or who are not prepared to take care of this persons and in other cases, they have been abandoned.
The home has the right infrastructure so that the elderly can live in a nice environment of care and protection. Here, they receive feeding, medical assistance and physical therapies, they count with support personnel and are organized in different working areas. The home is divided in 2 sections, one of them for women and the other one for men. In the group there are seniors who have mental or physical disabilities, as well as those who can fend for themselves.
- Provide help in the rehabilitation therapies as well as in the relaxing massages.
- Feeding the elderly who can’t feed by themselves.
- To work with music and painting.
- To work in the nursing work.
- Going along with the elderly in walking inside the home.
- Taking care of the elderly when it is necessary.
This program can also be combined with the Language and Cultural Immersion program.
Volunteer Ecuador Opportunities: Senior Care Center
- Arrival to Airport: Quito (UIO) Program starts and ends in Quito
- Project Length: From 1 weeks to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive before 10pm.
- Arrival airport: Quito (UIO)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Quito
- Airport meet and greet in Quito.
- Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 25-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours can be from 8:15am – 16:30pm, program con be combined with other programs if you stay over 4 weeks.
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry (US$6 a basket) and wifi (US$10 a week) approx. and US$50 ID Program.