This organization is composed by a team who work with children and youth with disabilities, using equine therapy, orchard and “streetband” as part of their rehabilitation, being a complement to the treatment. Coordination is in charge of a Psychologist that works on the horse individually with each patient, which is accompanied at the meeting by the rest of the team.
The host organization provides a relaxed and comfortable space for the patients and their family, taking advantage of nature and environment that favor to get it. They work in a personalized way for each patient, using the resources that are necessary to meet the objectives of each treatment, holding the attention of children and young people, keeping their motivation (games, tools, drawings, songs, etc.). They continuously strengthen the bond with the horse and equipment, since it is the main tool and the bridge to work according to the objectives, always pointing to the development of those involved.
Volunteers will accompany the activities proposed by the team in each session of equine therapy. The specific interventions will depend on each case and the volunteer profile, but always involves being near the horse and children, ensuring their safety and supporting what is going happening on the track.
Its important that the volunteer have some knowledge and familiarity with the behavior of horses. Also is important the affinity and willingness to work and play with children and it is important to have interest in this subject to an understanding with patients and families, and also understand equine activity in depth.
As part of this program, the volunteer will also be contributor in educational workshops, caring of poor patients in order to contribute to the integration of children with physical and / or social disabilities through the rehabilitation and development of their potential.
The volunteer will accompany young people in different activities, provide his critical eye enriching teamwork and will support in the different activities.
Volunteer Opportunities: Children Special Needs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Córdoba (COR)
- Project Period: Year round
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Work Schedule: Monday-Wednsday-Friday: Orchard & Street Band / Tuesday and Thursday:Hippotherapy
- Daily work: Morning or Afternoon
- Weekends: Free to sightseeing, Travel, etc.
- Requirements: Intermediate Spanish Knowledge
- Age Limits: 18 to 65 years old
- Airlines: American Airlines, Lan , Tam, Gol, KLM, AirFrance , Aerolineas Argentinas, Etihad, Copa Airlines
- Vaccinations: Routine Vaccinations, Hepatitis-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Airport meet and greet in Cordoba
- Host Family Accommodation, 3 meals a day
- Orientation, project briefing in Córdoba
- Volunteer project placement 30 hour per week
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Argentina. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet.