Volunteer with an organization which is providing care and education to children infected with the HIV virus or have been directly affected by the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Volunteers support the three tied mission: education of the children, a safe home environment, and the awareness campaign
At the Home, the children are provided nutritional food, clean environment, weekly medical check-ups, psychosocial support and above all, a stigma free environment. The mission of the Home is to allow the children to grow up in a safe and loving environment without discrimination & be provided with the resources to have a happy, secure future. Currently there are 30 children and 5 women residing in the Home. Volunteers can help in different areas including: teaching in the primary school, helping care for the children in the Home, support the outreach projects and help with project donor proposals.
This program is for motivated individuals willing to share their skills and experience with our organization. In return, we provide you with the opportunity to work in a local Nepali NGO, live with a family and have a “local” experience. This project is located in a village about 35 minutes outside of Kathmandu, and local transportation costs approximately $25 per month.
Required: US$100 per month project donation to be added to the program cost.
Volunteer Opportunities: HIV/AIDS children
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Kathmandu (KTM)
- Accommodation: Homestay/Shared Guesthouse
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Airlines: Qatar, Air India, Jet Airways, Thai Air, Ethiad
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Kathmandu
- Airport meet and greet in Kathmandu. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 35-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work: 4 hours in morning, 4 hours in the afternoon
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nepal. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet