Volunteer in Nepal there are about 123 languages spoken as a mother tongue in Nepal. Most belongs to Indo-Aryan and Sino-Tibetan families. The official language of Nepal is Nepali.
Learn the local language from a native speaker in a one-on-one setting. Class schedule is approximately 4 hours (45 min each) per day. Lessons can include outings and interaction with the local community. The Immersion program is vital for those who are willing to volunteer in school, hospital, orphanage, and monastery.
Immersion lessons consist of 20 hours a week of lessons and 20 hours a week of volunteering.
Volunteer Opportunities with Language Immersion
- Project Length: From 1 week to 4 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Kathmandu (KTM)
- Accommodation: Local host family / Host placement center
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Airlines: Turkish Air, Qatar Air, Malaysian Airways, Air India, Jet Airways, Thai Air, Ethiad
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Kathmandu
- Airport meet and greet in Kathmandu. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday schedule. 20 hours of lessons, 20 hours of volunteering
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 8am-12pm and 2pm-6pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nepal. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
Extra- Not Included activities:
- UNESCO Heritage car/ bike tour full day/half day
- Hiking guide hire Horse riding
- Nepali Dance Class
- Nepali language learning (basic/intermediate/advance level)
- Trekking around the Himalayas