Volunteer Colombia, This program is a public facility that provides daily child care services, pre-school and kindergarten classes to small babies and children in this Torices neighborhood in north Cartagena. This center is located close by to downtown and only 10 minutes from the airport.
Volunteers will care and support the daily influx of children, all of whom range from 18 months to 5 years old. The program has a nutrition program, where they provide a daily meal (lunch) to the kids. Volunteers feed the kids, helping with pre-school lessons, play games, help in the kitchens.
The center also helps single mothers with training on child care, nutrition, hygiene talks. This center is closed from June10- June 30th* approx.
Volunteer Opportunities Colombia: Children Care Support
- Project length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Project dates: Year Round * Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Cartagena (CTG)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Avianca, Jet Blue, Spirit, Copa, American, United
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Cartagena
- Airport meet and greet in Cartagena. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 35-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work can be: 7:30am - 4:00pm with a break for lunch
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Colombia. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet