Volunteer at a community day care/nursery school center on Santa Cruz Island. There are about 35 children daily from 2 years to 5 years old. The program provides an integral aid in the education of the children on this island. Many of the children at this center come from families of immigrants who have gone to Galapagos looking for a better future for their families and kids. The project hours are 8:00am - 12:00am Monday to Friday.
Volunteer tasks including changing diapers, upkeep duties at the facility, recreational and educational needs for the older children. This is a fast paced, active program with a lot of daily activity. This is a great opportunity to volunteer in the Galapagos while still having time each day to explore the local community and share time with your host family.
- Project Length: 4 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Quito (UIO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Airport meet and greet in Quito
- 2 night accommodation/meals in Quito
- Orientation, project briefing in Quito
- Airline ticket Quito to Galapagos
- Entrance fee ($100) Galapagos NP
- Ingala ID card
- Meet and greet on San Cruz
- Host family accommodation and 3 meals a day
- Volunteer project placement 20 hour per week
- Transfer to airport at end of program
- Airline ticket Galapagos to Quito
- Airport reception in Quito
- Final overnight/meals in Quito
- Departure transfer to Quito
- Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet