Volunteer at a community day care/nursery school center on Santa Cruz Island. There are about 35 children daily from 2 years to 5 years old. The program provides an integral aid in the education of the children on this island. Many of the children at this center come from families of immigrants who have gone to Galapagos looking for a better future for their families and kids. The project hours are 8:00am - 12:00am Monday to Friday.
Volunteer tasks including changing diapers, upkeep duties at the facility, recreational and educational needs for the older children. This is a fast paced, active program with a lot of daily activity. This is a great opportunity to volunteer in the Galapagos while still having time each day to explore the local community and share time with your host family.
- Project Length: 4 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Quito (UIO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Airport meet and greet in Quito
- 2 night accommodation/meals in Quito
- Orientation, project briefing in Quito
- Airline ticket Quito to Galapagos
- Entrance fee ($100) Galapagos NP
- Ingala ID card
- Meet and greet on San Cruz
- Host family accommodation and 3 meals a day
- Volunteer project placement 20 hour per week
- Transfer to airport at end of program
- Airline ticket Galapagos to Quito
- Airport reception in Quito
- Final overnight/meals in Quito
- Departure transfer to Quito
- Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Ecuador ( Galapagos Islands )||2135||2375||2585|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.