Volunteer in Guatemala and help support both single parents and their children. This project is for parents of limited resources. This is a daycare center where the (single) parent can bring their child while they work. The kids receive pre-kinder lessons, behavior training and recreational time. The project foresees in breakfast, snack, lunch and snack. The center has capacity for between 15-25 kids. The center has babies, toddlers and pre-school age children between 3 months and 5 years old.
Volunteers are needed to take care of the kids, as they are very young and active. It ́s simply playing, or doing some creative activities like arts and crafts, dancing, or teach them some English. You can also help in the kitchen to prepare the food, and help the kids eat. Or accompany the kids when they have an excursion.
Due to the lack of adequate number of staff onsite volunteers for this project need to be pro-active, willing to work with limited direction, and come with a can-do, enthusiastic attitude. ABV Coordinators will help with direction and suggestions, but this program needs enthused participants.
*Volunteers need to arrive on a morning flight to Guatemala City (no later than 1pm). Departure flights from Guatemala City need to be scheduled after 2:00PM.
Volunteer Opportunities: Daycare (Babies) Center
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year Round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Guatemala City (GUA)
- Requirements: Intermediate Spanish or Spanish lessons in country, US$80 donation fees.
- Accommodation: Local Host Family
- Meals: 3 per day M-F, 2 meals Saturday, no meals Sunday
- Program starts and ends in Guatemala City
- Airport meet and greet in Guatemala City. Bus tickets to Xela
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 35-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work can be: 7:00am - 4:30pm with lunch break
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: Transfer to Guatemala City airport
- Flights to Guatemala. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet