Volunteering in Kenya, There are 25 beautiful children residing at the orphanage, and four full-time staff, namely a cook, night guard, general hand and teacher. In addition, there are 60 children who attend kindergarten at the orphanage compound from the village, and three teaching staff. Majority of the population understand and speak English, even though Swahili is commonly used.
As a volunteer, you will primarily assist with the daily care of the kids; including feeding and clothing, teaching basic English. You can play games, arrange activities, create arts & crafts projects and share your time and caring with these wonderful children. Prior experience not necessary, volunteers should have a lot of patience, an open mind and a sense of adventure.
Volunteer Opportunities: Orphanage Programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks, September-May only
- Arrival Airport: Nairobi (NBO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist visa.
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: British Air, Emirates, Qatar Air, Ethiad
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Nairobi.
- Airport meet and greet in Nairobi. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 30 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 7am - 11am, 3pm - 6pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Kenya. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet