Orphanage program offer life time opportunity to the volunteers to learn the real life of Nepal. Nepal have face internal war for decade and high mortality rate which has caused many to become orphan and country poor economy make it much harder for these one to survive . Which in result make many children out of home and school to come on street and to beg for living.
The orphanage is currently providing a home for 11 orphans between 5 and 16 years old, providing them with all the needs including education. Volunteers can share their time, skills and knowledge for social cause. Volunteer will play vital role in contribution in making these children future bright. These children desperately need love and care. At the same time, volunteers goes back home with new experience like rich culture experience of Nepal and with new friends. Volunteer must be very friends, flexible; patience etc. volunteer can get involved in children daily activities like:
- Assisting children with the breakfast and making them ready for school
- Help in cleaning with the house, making beds etc
- Home work assistance and study guidance
- Create activities i.e. games, art and craft, educational activities, health awareness etc
- Assistance in preparing dinner
- Help in administrative task
- Anything that relate to volunteer skill that can help in children development
Volunteer during the morning and evening because children will be at school. Another option is to split this project with another program such as teaching or take optional Nepali language course which will be very help full to communicate with the children and a chance to learn deep language and culture of Nepal.
Prior experience is not needed. Volunteer need to be very caring, child friendly, pro-active and patient.
Required: $100 per month project donation to be added to the overall program cost
Volunteer Opportunities: Orphan Care programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Kathmandu (KTM)
- Accommodation: Local host family / Host placement center
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Airlines: Turkish Air, Qatar Air, Malaysian Airways, Air India, Jet Airways, Thai Air, Ethiad
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Kathmandu
- Airport meet and greet in Kathmandu. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday. 20 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 7.30am-9.30am and 3pm-7pm approx
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nepal. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
Extra- Not Included activities:
- UNESCO Heritage car/ bike tour full day/half day
- Hiking guide hire Horse riding
- Nepali Dance Class Nepali language learning (basic/intermediate/advance level)
- Trekking around the Himalayas.
|Asia / US$|
|Nepal - Nepali Immersion||1050||1310||1650||1950|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$210/week after week 4 until week 12, more Nepali lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.